INTERCARE: AN OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
Intercare is Europe’s first International Medical Tourism Exhibition and Conference. Its objective is to promote business opportunities between healthcare providers and insurances, governments, corporations, facilitators and medical tourism agencies as well as cooperation or research agreements between hospitals.
After the big success of the first edition, Intercare 2018 will offer more exhibitors, more buyers, more meetings, more networking formats to support globalization of healthcare providers.
INTERCARE – INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL TOURISM EXHIBITION
Palazzo delle Stelline, Corso Magenta, 61 – Milan
10 – 11 May 20178
9.30-18.30; Registration: € 25.00 one day; € 40.00 for 2 days pass
THE PLATFORM TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS
- 45 International exhibitors
- Italian, Europea and International sector-based institutions and associations
- 40 International Hosted Buyers
- 10 Conferences and Round tables
- Over 40 Keynote Speakers and Opinion Leaders
- Premium Sessions
- Market Insight Meetings
- 1 Business Matching Platform
- Over 1,800 Business Matching meetings
MEDICAL TOURISM: AN EXPANDING MARKET
Medical tourism combines tourism with healthcare to generate a vigorously expanding economic sector capable of fueling new economic opportunities
- for patients, who can benefit from the globalisation of healthcare and tourism to have increasingly easy access to specialised treatments, also in countries where they do not normally reside;
- for doctors and clinics, who can promote themselves and their specialisations, increasing their patient numbers;
- for the tourism industry, since it generates new non-seasonal demand that applies throughout the year.
Therapies sought after can be clustered into four areas:
– Health: special care, surgery, detailed diagnoses, second opinions etc. about specific pathologies
– Wellness: spa treatments, fitness, wellness and alternative medicine therapies
– Beauty care: improving appearance through plastic and cosmetic surgery
– Reproduction: fertility treatments and the practice of assisted reproduction.
Medical Tourism in numbers
LOCATION: PALAZZO DELLE STELLINE
The Stelline palace is a venerable Milanese orphanage that dates back to 1515.
The orphans were known as “little stars” (stelline), after the name of the convent of the order of the Benedictine Sisters of Holy Mary of the Star. The stelline lived here until 1971.
Situated in the centre of Milan, just 5 minutes walk from the Duomo, and now known as the Palazzo delle Stelline, the building belongs to the municipality and is used as a prestigious public venue for important international events. It is also home to the diplomatic office of the European Commission in Italy and a local office of the European Parliament.
Opposite the Palazzo delle Stelline is the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, home of Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper, considered one of the wonders of the world.
HOW TO GET TO INTERCARE - USEFUL INFORMATION
REACHING THE STELLINE FOUNDATION
Corso Magenta, 61 – 20123 Milan (Italy)
- Metro (underground): MM1/MM2 Cadorna, MM1 Conciliazione, MM2 Sant’Ambrogio
- Railway: FNM Cadorna
- Tram: 16 – 19 | Bus: 18, 50, 58, 94
By car: GPS co-ordinates: Latitude 45.465648 – Longitude 9.172132
By motorway, coming from the north (A4 Turin-Venice; A9 Como/Chiasso; A8 Varese): after the toll booth, continue towards Milan and take the Milano Certosa exit, then go all the way along Viale Certosa, over two junctions until it flows into Corso Sempione. At the end, turn right for via Canova. At the end of the street turn right into via Pagano, then turn left after 200 metres into via Monti and continue to the junction with Corso Magenta. Turn right here and go to the Hotel Palazzo delle Stelline at number 61.
By motorway, from the A1 (Bologna): after the toll booth take the Piazzale Corvetto exit, turn right and go to Piazzale Bologna. Now turn left into via Bacchiglione, continue for 100 metres and turn right into Corso Lodi. After 700 metres you will reach Porta Romana: turn left into via Filippetti (inner ring), continue along Viale Beatrice d’Este, Viale Gian Galeazzo, Viale d’Annunzio, Viale Papiniano and Viale di Porta Vercellina, until you reach Piazzale Baracca: turn right and go to the Hotel Palazzo delle Stelline at number 61.
By motorway, from the A7 (Genoa): after the toll booth, take the Tangenziale Ovest towards Turin, exit at Milano Certosa and continue as described from the north (A4, A8, A9).
From Linate Airport: take bus N° 73 from the airport and go to the end of the line in Piazza San Babila; now take the underground MM1 towards Fiera/Rho as far as the Cadorna Triennale stop. From Piazza Cadorna, take via Carducci until the first traffic lights at Corso Magenta: go to the Hotel Palazzo delle Stelline at number 61.
From Malpensa Airport: take the Malpensa Express train to the end of the line at Milano Cadorna: go out into Piazza Cadorna, take via Carducci until the first traffic lights at Corso Magenta and go to the Hotel Palazzo delle Stelline at number 61.
- Car parking: in the “Delle Grazie” car park at Corso Magenta, 56 – Tel. +39.02.4818466
Intercare has agreed special rates with the following hotels:
- Grand Hotel Doria – Viale Andrea Doria 22 – 4*
- Hotel Augustus – Via Napo Torriani 29 – 3*
For enquiries on rates and reservations please contact our Organizational Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org